Race Day FAQ
Rushers can purchase photos and packages following the event, starting with the Wednesday after race day. You'll be able to search for photos by bib number or last name. Visit Capstone Photography for details.
Should you have questions for Capstone Photography, please call: 888-459-8512, fax: 860-656-0382, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All race participants must have a Hero Rush bib pinned to the front of their clothing to start the race.
- Alcohol may not be consumed prior to running the race.
- Rushers must line up 10 minutes prior to wave time, and you must run the wave you selected at registration.
- You may skip an obstacle if it’s too tough, but you will not be eligible for Rush Awards.
- To run the Hero Rush, participants must be 14 years of age or older by race day.
- Kids 7-13 may run the Junior Heroes Firefighter Adventure Course, a half-mile course with smaller obstacles. Kids 4-6 may run the Mini Heroes Firefighter Adventure Course.
- All Hero Rush runners, Kid’s Adventure Course runners, and spectators must sign a Hero Rush waiver form to enter the event. Anyone under 18 who wishes to participate in the Inferno Midway challenges must have a Hero Rush waiver form completed by a parent or guardian.
- No alcohol may be consumed by anyone under the age of 21. No alcohol may be consumed by anyone prior to running Hero Rush.
- No pets or children under 14 years old are allowed on the Hero Rush course.
- Spectators may attend for free
- Children age 7-14 may register for the Junior Heroes Firefighter Adventure Course ($15), and kids 4-6 can explore the Mini Heroes Firefighter Adventure Course for free with their parents supervision. Anyone under 18 who wishes to participate in the Junior or Mini Kid’s Adventure Course must have a Hero Rush waiver form completed by a parent or guardian.
- By attending this event, you acknowledge that any photos or videos taken of you or your children may be used publicly for promotional or other purposes on websites, social media, print materials, television or other media.
- Participants and spectators must follow any direction given by race staff, volunteers or public safety personnel, or they will be removed from the event.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Photo ID (You can’t Rush without it!)
- Cash for parking, food, drinks and cool merchandise. Registered runners and spectators get $5 in Hero Dinero. ATMs will be available inside the event.
- Your signed Hero Rush waiver
- Appropriate footwear
- Towel/change of clothing (So you can dry off and enjoy the Inferno Midway!)
- Lawn chair/blanket
- Your Most Heroic Self
Gear Check and rinse-off/changing facilities will be available onsite.
What Not to Bring:
- No weapons.
- No drugs.
- No coolers.
- No outside alcohol, food or beverages. Food and beverages will be available for purchase inside the event.
Wear comfortable clothing that A. you don’t mind getting dirty, wet and potentially soot-stained and that B. inspires you! If you’re Fire/EMS, wear your department shirt. If you’re military, wear your unit shirt. If you’re a dancer, wear your tutu. If you’re a pilot, wear your inflatable plane life preserver. Whatever makes you feel like a Hero!
If you want to wear a costume – be creative! The most heroic (or just plain most awesome) costumes will win a prize!
No matter what’s on your bod, we recommend solid running shoes or other sturdy, appropriate footwear on your feet.
Yes, complimentary bag check will be available onsite, and donations to a local charity will be encouraged.
No. You will need to show a valid and proper ID, along with a signed Hero Rush waiver, to pick up your own packet.
If you are attempting to transfer your registration to another participant, you will need to do so 7 days or more prior to event day.
To transfer your registration please provide event city and the following information for the new participant to email@example.com: first/last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, emergency contact name/phone and t-shirt size. Requests for transfers must be made by the original registered participant.
Should you miss the transfer deadline, you may be able to apply it to a future Hero Rush race instead. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Firefighters show up in the rain and the snow, no matter how hot or cold – and so will you! You should be ready to run if it’s hot, if it’s cold, if it’s raining, etc.!
Firefighters also show up in hurricanes, tornadoes and blizzards, but here we might be a little more lenient. If we must reschedule an event due to extreme and uncontrollable weather conditions which would make the event unsafe, we will announce via email, social media and our website as soon as possible.
Read more Hero Rush FAQs.